The pre-employment services sector has seen a considerable change in recent years as many organisations have reduced discretionary spending on the traditional company medical. Whilst pre-employments continue to be an essential component of higher risk workplaces, and for employers required to assess candidates due to regulatory requirements, lower risk and sedentary roles are often missed.
Konekt, through ongoing customer engagement, has determined that there remains a strong need in this market for effective pre-employment screening. We are pleased to announce the introduction and availability of a new module – Konekt JobScreenTM Rapid.
This entry-level JobScreen package provides a quick and cost-effective online screening process for all job candidates. Rather than conducing face-to-face assessments for all job candidates, the responses to the online medical questionnaire are assessed by a series of algorithms considering risk factors such as cardiovascular, respiratory, psychological and musculoskeletal. These risk algorithms were developed in consultation with one of Australia’s leading occupational doctors, Dr Vern Madden.
Based on the risk profile from the medical questionnaire, potential employers can then make an informed decision as to whether an individual requires a face-to-face assessment – particularly for job roles that are sedentary or low to moderate risk.
JobScreenTM Rapid is ideally suited for candidates in sedentary to medium risk roles, or where geography makes a face-to-face assessment impractical.
Additionally, organisations are able to gain valuable insights into their data through the identification of emerging health risk factors such as high incidences of chronic diseases and conditions including diabetes, obesity, past injuries and potentially life-threatening allergies.
Konekt has worked with a large customer to bring JobScreenTM Rapid to fruition. The immediate impact of JobScreenTM Rapid enabled this organisation to identify many unknown physical and psychological risks for a cohort of existing employees who required screening as part of a new project transition. The data profile immediately tells a story about the risks faced by employers when they recruit new staff, or move existing staff onto new projects.
- A small percentage of screens present with moderate to high cardiac risk
- A significant percentage of screens present with moderate to high cognitive risk (including potential conditions such as sleep apnoea and ability to concentrate on complex tasks)
- A significant percentage of screens present with moderate to high musculoskeletal risk from past injuries and physical disorders
- A small percentage of screens present with moderate to high psychological risk
- A small percentage of candidates presented with a reasonable chance of requiring time off work for the existing health conditions
In this cohort of employees, approximately 10% were referred for face-to-face assessment to help the employer to further determine job suitability.
JobScreenTM Rapid is now available to Konekt clients. For more information, please contact your local Konekt contact.
Konekt JobScreenTM Packages
A range of JobScreenTM packages are available to suit your requirements. You may decide that different JobScreenTM packages are appropriate for each role within your organisation. Konekt will work with you to develop a tailored solution.
1. JobScreenTM Rapid – risk-rated medical questionnaire for sedentary to medium risk roles, or for pre- assessment screening of higher risk roles. Includes restrictions and recommendations based on declared medical information.
2. Base Check – modified functional capacity evaluation (FCE) and vision assessment. Job suitability and sign-off by Senior Allied Health Professional. Suitable for face-to-face assessment of sedentary to medium risk roles, or roles with limited manual handling.
3. Functional – complete FCE and vision assessment. Job suitability and sign-off by Senior Allied Health Professional. Suitable for assessment of medium to high risk roles with frequent manual handling requirements.
4. Functional with Doctor Sign-Off – complete FCE and vision assessment. Job suitability and sign-off by Medical Doctor. Suitable for assessment of medium to high risk roles with frequent manual handling and broader health requirements.
5. Comprehensive Medical – as per functional with doctor-sign off, with inclusion of audio and spirometry assessment. Suitable for assessment of medium to high risk roles with specific hearing, functional, fitness and respiratory requirements. Deemed to meet the requirements of a full medical assessment by the Royal Australian College of GPs.