Celebrating 25 years
In August this year, Konekt celebrated 25 years in business with an array of significant occasions and fun events. Senior leaders from across Australia hosted celebrations on 11 August, our official birthday, and held Town Hall presentations in all of our major states. These presentations were also complemented by a webinar to regional and smaller offices.
Our birthday Town Hall presentations provided a great opportunity to re ect on how far we’ve come as a business since Konekt’s inception in 1992. We also looked back on the successes of the past year, briefly discussed our end of year results and refocused on the goals for the year ahead.
And we also announced our intention to acquire employment services provider Mission Providence: “Everyone was pleasantly surprised with our latest acquisition and keen to learn about how adding Mission Providence to the Konekt group will strengthen our position and add great value for customers, staff and shareholders,” explains Konekt CEO Damian Banks.
In the lead up to our birthday, we also held a range of fun and rewarding celebrations and marked this major milestone with a number of charitable donations:
- Weekly and daily birthday competitions received over 800 entries for $6,000 worth of prizes, kindly donated by key providers. We had 19 lucky birthday winners!
- Over 400 employees around the country received birthday gifts from Konekt as a big thank you to everyone for helping us get to where we are today
- Our staff elected five charities from a short-list of 10 and Konekt donated $5,000 each to the Starlight Foundation, The Cancer Council, The Royal Flying Doctors, White Ribbon and the RSPCA
- We revamped and enhanced our employee monthly recognition programs to now include annual awards
- Over 400 employees rebranded their email signatures with our 25 years logo “
We’ve had an amazing birthday year and would like to thank everyone for your ongoing support – we wouldn’t be here without you. Here’s to the next 25 years!” says Damian.
A little bit of Konekt history
Did you know we have only been using the name Konekt since we launched on the ASX back in 2003? We began trading in Western Australia as Platgold Pacific in 1992, and it was only when we acquired Countrywide in 2003 that we ventured into injury management.
Since then, we have grown organically and via acquisition with like-minded businesses. In fact, 11 acquisitions in total have given us a national network of 44 offices, with over 420 staff, servicing thousands of customers each and every day.
Konekt acquisitions: IRS Total Injury Management • Inergise • WIMS Injury Management • Countrywide Injury Management • Applied Innovative Services • Innovative Training and Recruitment • Insite Injury Management • Insight Services Group • SRC Solutions • CommuniCorp Group • Mission Providence